Come work with us in Lilliwaup.
We are looking for someone to join our administrative team part-time (20 hrs/wk plus benefits) as an HR assistant. Must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; enjoy learning new things, be detail-oriented and organized; and communicate carefully and effectively. Spanish language skills and a background in HR a plus. Reports to Dir of Finance & Sustainability. Hourly $14 - $16/hr DOE, plus benefits. Room for growth.
Company Core Values:
- We engage
- We work together
- We have pride in our place
- We take pride in our product
- We leave something good for the next guy
Job Duties overview:
- Personnel Management
- Benefits Administration & Workplace Safety
- Training & People Development
Job Duties details:
- Provides job candidates by screening, interviewing, and testing applicants; notifying existing staff of internal opportunities; maintaining personnel records.
- Maintains human resources records by recording new hires, terminations, changes in job classifications, and compensation, ensuring information is kept confidential.
- Orients new employees by providing information packets, explaining company policies, gathering withholding and other payroll information, explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs, assigning building access as needed.
- Keeps employee handbook current by coordinating with managers to revise as needed; ensures existing employees receive and sign updated handbook annually
- Facilitates employee understanding of their pay by distributing timecards and checks, maintaining records, and answering questions about how pay is calculated.
- Conducts employee exit interviews and disseminates information to managers.
- Administers medical insurance, health savings account, paid time off, and retirement programs by advising employees of eligibility, providing application information, helping with form completion, verifying submission, and notifying employees of approvals.
- Minimizes LNI rates by assisting employees with paperwork in case of workplace injury, corresponding with LNI regarding injured employees, providing information and filling out light duty paperwork in a timely manner, tracking the status of employee LNI claims, and applying for Stay at Work program when applicable.
- Keeps staff up-to-date on training and continuing education by coordinating schedules for staff meetings and internal and external training opportunities.
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Supports managers in their performance management responsibilities by maintaining calendars and records, sending reminders, and gathering 360 degree feedback.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and conducting research on HR topics.
- Contributes to company success by completing related results, in line with company core values, as needed.
Listening Skills, Discretion & Professionalism, Teamwork, Typing, Administrative Writing, Verbal Communication, Filing & Organization, Interviewing, Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Send *cover letter* and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.